Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
In the last two decades, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) has seen an exponential growth around the world in terms of practice, profession and academic study. M&E processes have become an important source of knowledge management and organizational learning in organizations.
Current intake: March
Start date: 23rd March 2019
About This Course
This course provides a novel way of looking at the practice of Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E). The question “what difference are we making”– as an individual, project, programme, organization or network, is increasingly important whether for learning or accountability. The course lays out the challenges, introduces a tool-box of techniques and shows where these can be best applied through practical strategies and case studies.
- Understand the added value of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Understand the importance of adapting to context and working with clients and beneficiaries.
- Set practical strategies to ensure that Monitoring & Evaluation is fully integrated into the critical steps involved in development, humanitarian relief and policy environments.
- Apply evaluation strategies and principle-based framework in your own practice.
- Learn how to develop an effective evaluation framework.
- Fully appreciate the challenges facing evaluators and how to address them with practical strategies.
Module 2: Macro-Planning in M & E
Module 3: M&E Design & Management
Module 4: Framing Information Needs
Module 5: Data Gathering & Management
Module 6: Data Analysis & Presentation
Module 7: Data sharing in M&E
- Managers in Project or Programme Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Evaluation advisors and consultants.
- Internal and external evaluators.
- Evaluation units of International NGOs and UN agencies.
Minimum Entry Requiremnts
- Advanced Level of Education / Certificate
- Relevant Working Experience
What our students say
Meet the team
Online & Face to face
7.30 pm – 8.30 pm
Mon, Tue & Wed:
5 pm – 7 pm
USD 600 – International
USD 800 – Organistions
Virtual University Uganda Camapus
+256 706 243 386