Advanced Certificate in Construction Health, Safety and Environment
Understand the importance of managing construction safety, health safety, the nature of waste, and minimization techniques in a construction project and also be able to apply risk management principles to expect, identify, test and control physical, chemical, biological and psychosocial hazards.
Current intake: May
Start date: 1st May 2019
About This Course
This course in Health, Safety and Environment touches on most aspects of Health, Safety, Environmental and Waste issues in a construction project. It covers important issues in Hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk planning and mitigation. It also elaborates how to identify Waste streams in construction projects and methods of assessing if any value can be harvested from these waste streams.
- You will recognize and understand the importance of workplace hazards
- Learn and identify common workplace hazards and understand how to mitigate their impact
- Identify environmental, health and safety risks from its operations and implement processes to prevent and minimize their impacts.
- Know the employee’s safety-related rights and responsibilities at work
- Understand the policies, procedures, and equipment needed to deal with hazardous materials.
- Construction industry safety performance
- Causes of accidents in construction projects
- Construction and Environment
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control
- Construction Waste Management
- Principles of Waste Management
- Origins and Causes of Construction Waste
- SWMP Implementation
- Persons with professional background in construction, design, property, engineering discipline,
- Persons who work in regulatory bodies such as municipality, local government, UN, NGOs, and others
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Advanced Level of Education / Certificate
- Relevant Working Experience
What our students say
Meet the team
Online & Face to face
Thursday : 8 pm – 9 pm
5 pm – 7 pm
USD 600 – International
USD 800 – Organistions
Virtual University Uganda Camapus