Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management
This course introduces what’s meant by a project and gives a basic overview of the construction industry. It develops a foundation of concepts that support the initiation, planning, scheduling, controlling, resource allocation, and performance measurement activities required for successful management and completion of a construction project.
Current intake: May
Start date: 1st May 2019
About This Course
In this course, you will develop an understanding of projects and the processes that are a prerequisite for the successful finishing of a construction facility.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and expertise needed to plan, organize, secure and manage resources to bring about the successful completion of construction projects to or beyond a client’s expectations and satisfaction.
- You will learn how to develop and implement all project’s procedures which helps the smooth and uninterrupted development and successful execution of projects.
- Learn how to start and complete projects according to the client’s needs and objectives
- Learn how to achieve a construction project’s main goal given the constraints.
- Have a solid understanding of how to monitor the project’s progress so you can take corrective actions when the project’s performance deviates significantly from the plan.
- Learn how to assess and confirm the proper project completion and derive any lessons learned and best practices to apply to future projects
- Learn how to apply project management knowledge, processes, life cycle and the embodied concepts, tools and techniques to achieve project success.
- Understand different methods of a construction project delivery and the roles and responsibilities of all constituencies involved in the design and construction process.
- Conduct project planning activities that accurately forecast project scope, costs, timelines, and quality.
- Implement processes for a successful resource, communication, and risk and change management.
- Learn how to show effective project execution and control techniques that result in successful projects.
- You will learn how to conduct project closure activities and get formal project acceptance
- Overview of project management and construction industry
- Construction project life cycle
- Project Initiation and delivery methods in construction
- Planning and scheduling
- Monitoring and control in Construction
- Construction Project closer
- Academics or professionals in construction, design, property, engineering and management
- Persons that want to learn the skills needed to manage change in fast-moving business and project environment
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Advanced Level of Education / Certificate
- Relevant Working Experience
What our students say
Meet the team
Online & Face to face
Thursday : 8 pm – 9 pm
5 pm – 7 pm
USD 600 – International
USD 800 – Organistions
Virtual University Uganda Camapus