Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management
Equip yourself with requisite knowledge, information, and tools that will enable you to effectively manage and mitigate against credit risks in your day to day tasks with the Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management.
Admission is ongoing
About This Course
Credit Risk is a fundamental risk faced by banks and other financial institutions in today’s volatile and complex financial market. A sound understanding and approach to Credit Risk Management is therefore critical to the continued survival and stability of any financial institution.
This course offers you the opportunity to develop and apply your skills in credit risk modeling and hedging. We will look at credit risk from the point of view of banks, but most of the tools and techniques we will study will be beneficial to other financial institutions and business concerns involved in the extending of credit.
The Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management is designed to equip risk managers, credit analysts, staff of financial institutions and financial managers with requisite knowledge, information and tools that would enable them to effectively manage and mitigate against credit risks in the course of their work or businesses.The course’s modules are developed to equip participants to quickly and effectively identify, accurately assess and mitigate credit risk in their business or financial operations.
We deliver this course online, face to face, and self-paced making it flexible and suitable for busy working class learners that want to up-skill and advance their careers.
What you will gain
- You will deeply understand credit risk and its implications for banks and other financial institutions.
- You will Learn how to assess and hedge credit risk using the standardized approach.
- You will develop a clear understanding of the most recent risk regulations for banks: Basel II and Basel III Accords, and the importance of both in the financial industry.
- You will understand the Foundation Internal Rating, and Advanced Internal Rating based approaches to credit risk, including key concepts as Probability of Default(PD), Exposure at Default(EAD) and Loss Given Default(LGD).
- You will learn how to determine the Probability of Default of credit counter parties using Internal Rating methodologies.
- Certificate upon completion of the course.
What you will learn
Module 2: The Basel II and Basel III Accords
Module 3: Approaches to Credit Risk: The Standardized Approach
Module 4: Internal Rating Based Approaches to Credit Risk
Module 5: Determining the Probability of Default Using Internal Rating Approach
Module 6: External Credit Ratings: Definition, interpretation and applications
Who Should Study this course
- All professionals involved in risk management and credit analysis.
- Practitioners wishing to engage in other capacity building activities.
- Professionals working in the banking and Finance sector.
- Financial Institutions.
Meet the team
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management
Advanced Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship