Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Warehouses/distribution centers play a pivotal role in today’s logistics and supply chain systems, especially when we consider manufacturing in a global environment and increasing online shopping. With this course, you will understand warehousing processes to critical operations, storage and material handling technologies/equipment to software systems, and technical to managerial solutions.
Admissions On going
About This Course
The Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management deals with all aspects of the inventory and warehouse operation. Participants will be introduced to issues of tracking, handling and managing goods and material that are held in stock.
The course will also cover advanced stock control methods, demand planning as a tool for reduction of obsolescence and redundancy, methods for dealing with variety and proliferation, health and safety and others.
What you will gain
- You will be able to use advanced techniques to reduce inventory and associated storage and handling costs.
- Participants will also have covered material from the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport unit on warehousing and inventory and may be able to join a fast-track programme for this professional qualification if desired.
What you will learn
- Managing inventory flows in the supply chain
- Inventory monitoring and control
- Inbound and outbound material flows
- Critical warehousing processes: (i.e. order picking strategies and methods, hardware e.g. storage and material handling technologies/equipment).
- Software systems: ERP/MRP systems
- EOQ, Pareto inventory policies, and k-curve methodologies
- Warehouse design, the inventory optimization
- Lean management principle that helps in reducing wastes (of time, space and resources) in warehousing operations.
- Security in transport and warehousing activities
- Tracking and controlling stock
- Inventory auditing
- New trends and the impact of technology on warehousing
- Inventory Key Performance Indicators
- Inventory reporting
- Reverse logistics
- Health & Safety and inventory management
- Stock Accountants
- Warehouse and Stores Staff
- Logistics Managers
- Distribution Managers
Meet the team
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management
Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management
Advanced Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship