Advanced Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship
Take your social enterprise to the next level in this program designed to help entrepreneurs refine their innovations and leverage their impact.
Admissions On going
About This Course
In this course you will learn how to create societal impact through Social Entrepreneurship. Social Entrepreneurship describes the discovery and sustainable exploitation of opportunities to create social change.
The course introduces you to real life examples of Social Entrepreneurship and guides you through the process of establishing a venture to address a social or environment problem.
What you will gain
- Understand the meaning of social entrepreneurship, how its principles are being applied to address social problems, and what challenges are faced by those wishing to adopt social entrepreneurship methods.
- You will gain knowledge of how to develop a sustainable business model that addresses a social problem.
- You will learn how social entrepreneurs have applied social entrepreneurship principles to address social problems.
- Gain the ability to empower the disadvantaged to create social change and develop your own skills to be the change you wish to see in the world.
- You will gain practical skill in social entrepreneurship.
What you will learn
- Introduction to social entrepreneurship: The journey ahead.
- Creating social change: The social value proposition and identifying a social business opportunity.
- Understanding poverty: The Millennium Development Goals.
- Human-Centered Design: Partnering with the targeted community to address social problems.
- Developing a theory of change: Starting with the social impact.
- Envisioning an innovative society: The role of social innovation.
- The business model: Creating a social business model.
- Funding social ventures: Strategies for success.
- The driving force behind social entrepreneurship: Measurement and scaling social impact.
- The future: Reflection and shared experiences.
- Experienced leaders of social initiatives or organizations
Meet the team
Jimmy Kenneth Opoka
Facilitator of the Course
+256 704 087 893
Director Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Administrator Corporate Academy
+256 700 518 378
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management
Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management