Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Learn the principles of effective supply chain arrangements and understand the methods of mitigating risks and how to optimize the organization’s supply chain.
Admissions On going
About This Course
Design and coordinate your globally distributed value creation activities (particularly production and logistics) with the Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management.
This course provides insight in important planning techniques which support firms that operate in global markets regarding procurement & production, and supply their customers using global distribution systems.
What you will gain
- Have the capability to plan, implement and evaluate a logistical exercise appropriate to the value/risk of the goods being bought and transported
- Understand the need for insurance and the coverage available.
- Understand the pros and cons of different Incoterms and the use of Incoterms.
- Know about loss prevention, means, and actions to put in place to minimize or prevent loss.
- Know about customs procedures and documentation and the most common documents required for export/import.
What you will learn
- Supply chain management principles, processes, and procedures
- Logistic goals and objectives
- Modes of transportation
- Freight forwarding arrangements
- The role of the Freight Forwarder
- Purpose of shipping documents
- Incoterms 2010 and their appropriate use
- Packing and marking
- Loss prevention
- Customs clearance procedures and documentation
- Need for insurance and different types of coverage
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- On-site facility tour
- Individuals working in both the public and private sectors.
- Persons new and interested in the procurement function or logistics.
What our students say
Meet the team
Jimmy Kenneth Opoka
Facilitator of the Program
+256 704 087 893
Director Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Administrator Corporate Academy
+256 700 518 378
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management
Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management
Advanced Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship