Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Learn the principles of effective supply chain arrangements and understand the methods of mitigating risks and how to optimize the organization’s supply chain.
Current intake: April /May
About This Course
Large-scale enterprises and medium-sized firms have increasingly globalized their value creation activities over the past few years. They operate in global markets regarding procurement and production in relation to their customers, who are supplied by global distribution systems. Therefore, companies need to optimally design and coordinate their globally distributed value creation activities (particularly production and logistics). This module provides insight in important planning techniques which support firms in solving these challenges.
- Have the capability to plan, implement and evaluate a logistical exercise appropriate to the value/risk of the goods being bought and transported
- Understand the need for insurance and the coverage available.
- Understand the pros and cons of different Incoterms and the use of Incoterms.
- Know about loss prevention, means, and actions to put in place to minimize or prevent loss.
- Know about customs procedures and documentation and the most common documents required for export/import.
- Supply chain management principles, processes, and procedures
- Logistic goals and objectives
- Modes of transportation
- Freight forwarding arrangements
- The role of the Freight Forwarder
- Purpose of shipping documents
- Incoterms 2010 and their appropriate use
- Packing and marking
- Loss prevention
- Customs clearance procedures and documentation
- Need for insurance and different types of coverage
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- On-site facility tour
- Individuals working in both the public and private sectors.
- Persons new and interested in the procurement function or logistics.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Advanced Level of Education / Certificate
- Relevant Working Experience
What our students say
Meet the team
Tuesday: 8 pm – 9 pm
USD 400 – Uganda
USD 600 – International
USD 900 – Organistions
Virtual University Uganda Camapus
+256 700 518 378