Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Transportation & Fleet Management activities account for over 70% of an organization’s supply chain costs.
It is critical that organizations get the transport and fleet management function right to meet personnel mobility needs, provide maintenance operations and execute successful delivery of goods and materials.
Admission is ongoing
About This Course
Fleet management covers the selection of vehicles and equipment and the setting up of systems and procedures necessary to monitor and manage a fleet of vehicles.
This course aims to provide fleet managers and executives practical lessons and best practice strategies in transport and fleet management.
What you will gain
- Learn how to develop an effective fleet management model, system and strategy
- Learn how to improve process management and achieve process optimization in transport and vehicle fleet management.
- Be in position to improve life-cycle and maintenance management for fleets.
- Understand finance and cost management of vehicle fleets.
- Learn and understand Safety Management of Vehicle Fleets.
- Understand how to comply and adapt to regulations for vehicle fleet management.
- You will have best Practice Fleet Performance Review, Measurement, Bench marking & Reporting.
- You will learn to leverage technology including telematics, fleet management information systems, big data and automotive technology to enhance vehicle fleet management.
- Increase overall fleet cost & operational effectiveness by developing a fleet management improvement plan.
What you will learn
- Introduction to transport & fleet management
- Transport strategy & managing transport providers
- Modes of transport
- Planning Goods’ movement, destinations, and routes
- The function of fleet management
- Setting up a fleet
- Ownership (Choosing the right vehicle, procurement info, insurance etc)
- Managing fleets
- Utilization of vehicle fleets
- Maintenance of fleet of vehicles
- Fuel Management
- Fleet Safety (Accidents analysis, road safety training)
- Environmental control
- Drivers’ Management
- Freight and Logistics industries.
- Oil and Gas industries.
- Manufacturing industries.
- Warehouse Distribution companies.
- Automotive industries.
- Institution/ Organization department heads from areas of the above given industries
- Mining Industries
- Food and Beverage Industires
Meet the team
Jimmy Kenneth Opoka
+256 704 087 893
Director, Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Administrator, Corporate Academy
+256 700 518 378
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management
Advanced Certificate in Credit Risk Management
Advanced Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship