Transportation & Fleet Management activities accounts for over 70% of an organization’s supply chain costs. It is critical that organizations gets the transport and fleet management function right in order to meet personnel mobility needs, provide maintenance operations or to execute successful delivery of goods and materials.
Whereas transportation provides the foundation skills and knowledge in planning and movement using the various modes of transport that may be available for different businesses and humanitarian aid situations, fleet management covers the selection of vehicles and equipment and the setting up of systems and procedures necessary to monitor and manage a fleet of vehicles.
It recognizes the importance of transport and fleet management in both the business and humanitarian aid supply chain process in moving goods from supply source to the final beneficiary delivery point. Many fleet managers face numerous challenges including fleet planning, budgeting & cost management, mitigating the variable cost of fuel, process excellence, as well as fleet procurement.
The participants will be able to;
- Develop an effective fleet management model, system and strategy.
- Improve process management and achieve process optimization in transport and vehicle fleet management.
- Improve lifecycle and maintenance management for fleets
- Lessons learned in fleet procurement and supplier management.
- Enhance finance and cost management of vehicle fleets.
- Safety Management of Vehicle Fleets.
- Understand how to comply and adapt to regulations for vehicle fleet management.
- Best Practice Fleet Performance Review, Measurement, Benchmarking & Reporting.
- Leverage technology including telematics, fleet management information systems, big data and automotive technology to enhance vehicle fleet management.
- Increase overall fleet cost & operational effectiveness by developing a fleet management improvement plan.
People from the following industries:
- Freight and Logistics
- Oil and Gas
- Chemical and Petrochemical
- Semiconductor & Electronics
- Warehouse Distribution
- Food & Beverage
- Retailers and Hypermarkets
The course excellent for Team Leaders, General Managers, Directors, Heads, Managers, Supervisors and Executives from:
- Fleet Management
- Supply Chain
- Carrier Management
- Introduction to transport & fleet management
- Transport strategy & managing transport providers
- Modes of transport
- Planning Goods’ movement, destinations and routes
- The function of fleet management
- Setting up a fleet
- Ownership (Choosing the right vehicle, procurement info, insurance etc)
- Managing fleets
- Utilization of vehicle fleets
- Maintenance of fleet of vehicles
- Fuel Management
- Fleet Safety (Accidents analysis, road safety training)
- Environmental control
- Drivers’ Management
Learners who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate from Virtual University of Uganda