English for Beginners
To introduce the basic elements of English Language to the beginner. This is to familiarise them with the content central to learning any language, but English in particular. These basics occur in listening, reading, speaking and writing.
Admissions are Ongoing
About This Course
English for Beginners (ELB) is an eight weeks short course in English for everyday use or communication. Unlike the traditional English language for certificate or academic purposes, ELB concerns itself with equipping the beginner with basics of English to help them communicate in their day-to-day life.
What you will gain
By the end of the eight weeks, the beginner would be able to:
- Listen and understand simple communicative acts.
- Speak meaningfully in relatively simpler communication contexts
- Read and write meaningfully for relatively simpler communication contexts.
What you will learn
- English vowel sounds and words
- English consonant sounds and words
- English vowel letters and words
- English consonant letters and words
- Parts of the body
- Members of a family
- Domestic animals and pets
- Greeting in English
- Personal pronouns
- Talking about myself
- Days of the week, months of the year and telling the date
- Counting 1 to 1,000,000 in figures and words
- Every-day, Now and Yesterday tense
How you will learn
The course is a face-to-face model of learning. It will use 4 (four) contact hours spread over the seven days of the week. Study tours/trips, field studies, audio-visual exercises and homework will supplement the face-to-face method.
In this course, the beginner is a person who can hardly listen to, speak, read or write anything in English language. It is this kind of person the course addresses.
Meet the team
Director, Corporate Academy
Administrator, Corporate Academy