Critical Thinking and Decision Making
Throughout this course, you will be guided to take a structured approach to dismantle and clarify the various components of problems, and understand the inputs and implications of your thought processes. This way of thinking will allow you to develop positions on issues that are logical and explicable to others.
Admissions are ongoing
About This Course
This course will teach you that the ability to think critically and make the right decisions in specific situations is just as important in professional life as it is in personal life. Critical thinking and decision making skills are not the same thing as intelligence, rather they require a focus on examining multiple points of view and using objective, bias-free thinking.
As a result of using critical thinking skills, managers can make effective decisions by identifying and choosing the best option among multiple alternatives in specific situations. Business decisions based on critical thought processes are reasoned and defensible. Effective managers who have good thinking skills guided by the norms of rationality can work more logically to implement strategic business plans.
What you will gain
- You will be able to identify thinking flaws, differentiate between good and bad suggestions.
- You will be able to communicate persuasively, and manage difficult people or circumstances, especially in crisis situations.
- You will be able to take rational decisions that are made after considered judgment, which, when properly executed, result in effective action.
What you will learn
- Analytical and Creative Thinking
- Characteristics of Critical Thinkers
- Critical thinking Process
- Dealing with Assumptions, Beliefs, Egos and Emotions
- Crisis Thinking
- Gauging Uncertainty and Avoiding Ambiguity
- Assessing Arguments and Deriving Conclusions
- De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
- Putting it into practice with the help of case studies.
- Anyone with an interest in improving their logical and critical thinking skills
What our students say
Meet the team
Director, Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management