Dr. Agaba Joab Ezra
Joab is a self-motivated, innovative and result-oriented information Technology (IT) professional, with practical experience in the theory and practice of Modern Computing Technologies, Software Development Project Management, IT Security and Information Audit, among others.
His research interests are in e-learning, specifically; e-learning implementation in higher
education institutions, e-learning systems development and management, instructional contentdesign architectures in e-learning environments, among others.
Joab has lectured at Makerere University for over 13 years as a Lecturer, Networks Department, College of Computing and Information Sciences. And at the Virtual University of Uganda as a Lecturer, Director of ICT and coordinator of ICT4D programme.
- PhD in Information Technology, Makerere University, Kampala.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Makerere University, Kampala,
- Degree of B.Sc. (Computer Science and Mathematics) of Makerere University, Kampala
Research papers and articles
- Agaba, J. E. and Lubega, J. T. (2011), E-Learning Software Acquisition for Blended Learning: The Case of Higher Institutions in Uganda with Limited Budgets. In Kizza, M. J., Lynch, K, and Nath, R.: Strengthening the Role of ICT in Development, Vol. VII pp. 378-393. ISBN: 978-
- Benjamin Kanagwa, Joab Agaba, Doreen Tuheirwe and Susan Lunkuse(2011), Improving Learning Objects Reusability through Web Services. In Kizza, M. J., Lynch, K. and Nath, R.: Strengthening the Role of ICT in Development, Vol. VII. ISBN: 978-9970-25-128-5.
- Joab Agaba and Benjamin Kanagwa(2012), On Addressing Challenges in Instruction Design using Learning Objects. In Kizza, M. J., Lynch, K, and Nath, R.: Strengthening the Role of ICT in Development, Vol. VIII. ISBN: 978-9970-25-128-5.
Agaba, J. E. and Lubega, J. T. (2014). On Addressing Design Issues that Hinder Reusability of Learning Objects in Instruction Design, International Journal of Information and Education Technology, (IJIET), Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 25 – 28. ISSN 2010-3689
2. Agaba, J. E. and Lubega, J. T. (2015). Adaptation of Learning Objects with Multi-format Assets, International Journal of Information and Education Technology, (IJIET), Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 76 – 79. ISSN 2010-3689
3. Agaba, J. E. and Lubega, J. T. (2018). Reusable Learning Object Metadata Adaptation for Higher Education Instructional Design, International Journal of E-Learning and Educational Technologies in the Digital Media (IJEETDM) 4(3): 66-74, The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC), 2018 ISSN: 2410-0439 (Online), September 2018.