Oil and gas business and investment opportunities in East Africa. Come to Uganda to learn more.
For investors, international Oil Companies, financial institutions, service companies, service providers and individuals
June 4-6, 2019. Sheraton Kampala Hotel
USD 2000 (excl. accommodation & flights)
Early bird discount of 20% valid until 15th of April.
50% payment deposit upon confirmation. Payment is refundable one month before the event.
A three day forum at the Sheraton Kampala Hotel for investors and individuals
interested in building businesses in East Africa oil and gas industry.
It provides an opportunity to learn about where the oil and gas business opportunities are in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania
and South Sudan, get advice working in the region, and also how to work with local people, in order to meet ‘local
Meet local leaders
Local industry players from the Uganda National Oil Company, Petroleum Authority of Uganda, the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, LAPSSET, which is running a $24.5bn investment project in Kenya, Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, Nilepet, Uganda Investment Authority, Stanbic Bank, Simba Group, and the Association of Uganda Oil & Gas suppliers. You will also be able to meet and discuss informally with oil and gas students from the Virtual University of Uganda, who may become your employees.
Uganda’s oil & gas industry has seen investment of $3bn between 2006 and 2016, and is projected to need $20bn worth of investment in the sector as it edges towards Final Investment Decision for its Tilenga and Kingfisher projects. This will make Uganda a major oil & gas producer in East and Central Africa. Kenya and Tanzania have also made significant hydrocarbon discoveries and are currently developing them.
- Interact with officials in the sector
- Develop a better understanding of the risks and opportunities in the region
- Identify potential local partners
- Business matching opportunities
- Keynote speakers include leaders within the industry, both from the private and public sector
Hon. Richard H. Kaijuka F.C.I.B.
Hon. Richard Kaijuka F.C.I.B. has a reservoir of experience as a business leader and banker and has been a Government Cabinet Minister for ten years in Uganda with a two-year stint on the Board of the World Bank Group, with passion and a keen interest in promoting Private Sector
Investments especially in the Mineral, Oil and Gas Sectors and promotion of over-all economic development in the African Region.
Hon Kaijuka currently serves as the chairperson Board of Trustees of the Uganda Chamber of Mines and Petroleum. He was also the former Minister of Energy and Mineral Development in Uganda and has served in various capacities in the banking as well as mineral sectors including former MD Uganda Commercial Bank the largest commercial bank in Uganda.
DAY ONE - Building a business in the oil and gas sector in uganda
- KEYNOTE TALK : Existing markets and new opportunities in the Oil & Gas sector.Hon. Richard H. Kaijuka F.C.I.B., Chairperson, Board of Trustees, Uganda Chamber of Mines and Petroleum
- Opportunities in Uganda’s Oil & Gas Sector – Uganda National Oil Company
- Regulatory framework in the Oil & Gas sector in Uganda – Petroleum Authority of Uganda
- $20bn project investment needed in the Oil & Gas sector and surrounding infrastructure – Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
- Industrial Park Overview: Opportunities for investment – Uganda National Oil Company
- Project financing for Oil & Gas – Stanbic Bank
Session 1: Uganda government support for Oil & Gas investors
- Government support for foreign investors – Uganda Investment Authority
- Support from the executive arm of government for Oil and Gas projects – Presidential Investors Roundtable
Session 2: East Africa regional review
- LAPSSET: Kenya’s mega $24.5bn infrastructure project – CEO, LAPSSET
- Oil & Gas opportunities in Tanzania – Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation
- Oil and Gas opportunities in South Sudan – Nilepet
- Ease of doing business in East Africa – Simba Group
- Regional ESIA & Security issues – Virtual University of Uganda
Optional Trip to Total’s Tilenga Operational Site and Murchison Falls National
Park – $1,000 additional cost
Richard: 44 208 150 5296
Karl: 44 208 150 5292
Richard McIntyre: email@example.com
Karl Jeffery: firstname.lastname@example.org