Finance Auditing in Oil and Gas
You will get an understanding of the principles and practices applied in auditing activities undertaken in the upstream oil and gas industry.
Admissions are ongoing
About This Course
This course will teach you how to develop and apply a structured methodology for conducting upstream oil industry joint venture and Production Sharing Contracts (PSC) audits.
You will therefore be able to prepare financial statements in line with IFRS and make strategic decisions to improve financial performance of your organization. In addition, the development, monitoring and continued improvement of a highly-integrated, internal audit function will aid continued financial success, stability and growth.
What you will learn
The commercial aspects that underpin the industry
• Commercial considerations – risk v. reward.
• Petroleum prospecting and exploration considerations.
The Government’s key role in the hydrocarbon industry
• The role of governments and their agencies.
• Managing overseas investment (production v. service
• Production sharing contracts.
Principles of auditing related to oil and gas activities
• Principles I – ethical conduct, fair presentation and due care
• Principles II – independence and evidence.
• Overview – five phases of an audit cycle
• Planning – preparation, planning and strategy
- Personnel from finance, audit and tax departments in government and its regulatory authorities
Meet the team
Director Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Coordinator School of Energy and Hydrocarbons