Fundamentals of Occupational Health and Safety
Unsafe work environments affect the wellbeing and productivity of workers during and/or after work execution. Through effective training in Occupational Health and Safety, managers and workers can be empowered to identify workplace hazards and control risks to their health and safety.
Admissions On going
About This Course
Occupational Health and Safety is a multi-disciplinary field concerned with protecting the lives of workers in any given undertaking, against injury, ill-health and perhaps death.
For workers in any organization to work efficiently and effectively, they need to be aware of the workplace health and safety legislative framework, the types of hazards and risks associated with their work and how to prevent and/or control them, their individual health and safety duties, and the Employer’s obligations towards promoting a safe workplace.
This certificate level course is designed to equip trainees, with requisite knowledge and skills on fundamental principles for managing occupational health and safety.
What you will gain
- You will be able to identify and apply International and National Provisions which govern the implementation and enforcement of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards in a work place.
- You will be able to design an occupational Health and Safety System for an Organisation.
- You will be able to apply Strategies of identifying and mitigating hazards by conducting occupational health risk assessments for risk aversion.
- You will be in position to conduct Investigation and report effectively on incidents, accidents, and emergency response in a work place.
What you will learn
Topic 2: Essential elements of an OSHMS.
Topic 3: Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal disorders.
Topic 4: Controlling common workplace Harzards
Who Should Study this Course
- Line Managers
- Health and Safety officers
Meet the team
+256 704 264 459
Other related courses
Advanced Certificate in Cash Transfer Programming
Advanced Certificate in Humanitarian Logistics
Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
Advanced Certificate in Project Planning and Management
Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate in Transport and Fleet Management
Advanced Certificate in Inventory and Warehouse Management
Advanced Certificate in Construction Project Management