Greenhouse gases, climate change and CCS
This training will equip you with tools to identify adaptation needs, formulate adaptation plans as well as gain new technical information and best practices at the intersection of climate change and development.
Current intake: May
Start date: 1st May 2019
About This Course
The course outlines the role of CCS in a range of measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and thereby avoid dangerous climate change.
Roberto Bencini is a Petroleum geoscientist holding PGDs in (Energy and Environment) and (Energy Resource management) with over 37 years of oil and gas exploration and appraisal experience in Africa and Europe including underground gas storage and unconventional oil and gas developments.
He has over 200 Industry reports mostly on Underground gas storage and CO2 storage. He has memberships in different organisations including; CCUS, AAPG, GSL, SPE and many others.
- Greenhouse effect
- The “greenhouse gases” of human origin
- Effects of “greenhouse gasses”
- Energy trends and emissions
- Possible remedies
- CO2 capture
- CO2 transport
- CO2 storage (DSA, ECBM, EOR)
- The public acceptability of CO2 storage
- CO2 reuse
Introduction to the energy industry is designed for:
- regulators and government officials
- ENERGY industry professionals new to the industry
- Non professionals enthusiastic about the energy industry.
What our students say
Meet the team