MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management
Become a future leader and professional of the hospitality and tourism sector, equipped to convene identify and manage sustainable business prospects in the sector at the highest level with an advanced understanding of the hospitality and tourism industry and with a managerial perspective of how to run such organisations.
About this programme
Our MBA Tourism and Hospitality Management aims to prepare future leaders and professionals of the hospitality and tourism sector, equipped to convene identify and manage sustainable business prospects in the sector at the highest level. It is also a conversion programme – tailored in a way to suit students who have not studied the subject previously.
The Master’s will provide you with an advanced understanding of the hospitality and tourism industry, with a managerial perspective of how to run such organisations.
The programme broadens the understanding of the contemporary dynamics of the tourism, hospitality, and events sectors while equipping them with tools and competencies to operate in an increasingly globalizing world.
You will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking, multitasking, and problem-solving skills in demand by the
- Identify and engage with specialisms such as consumer behaviour, marketing, international human resource management, revenue management and international market trends.
- Create strategies for supervising, motivating employees, and work as a team to achieve the goals and objectives of the hospitality workplace.
- Access to a wide range of extra curricular activities, such as our visiting speakers programme with speakers who hold management positions in hotels, airlines, tour operators and travel agencies, the cruise industry, government tourism ministries and universities around the world.
What you'll learn
The programme consists of 10 courses offered on a modular basis over a 20-month period followed by six months to finalize the dissertation or research paper. Each course runs for eight weeks.
- Course 1: Strategic Leadership and Management
- Course 2: Managing People in Organizations
- Course 3: International Business
- Course 4: Critical thinking and decision-making
- Course 5: Creative Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Course 6: Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Course 7: Hotel and Guest House Management
- Course 8: Hospitality Services Management
- Course 9: The Practicalities of Tourism Management
- Course 10: Research Methodology
- Dissertation (for MBA) or Research Paper (for PG Diploma)
This programme is uniquely designed for people working in the hospitality and tourism industry, e.g. hotels, conference centres, restaurants and other hospitality and tourism venues. The programme is also open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree, intending to achieve an MBA to advance their professional career.
It is also ideal for graduates who would like to change subjects or career direction.
A graduate of the MBA tourism and Hospitality will enrol in a broad range of managerial and leadership roles in tourism, hospitality, events organizations operating in the public and private sectors both locally and internationally.
Graduates also enrol in PhD programmes and some to further continue into academic careers.
Meet the tutors
Current course: Managing People in Organizations
“Going with the flow” is not a good approach to managing organisations and people. Nowadays organisations, public or private, large or small, local or international are intricate entities that require constant attention and care. To do this, one needs concepts, models, and tools that will make analysis possible and lead to logical conclusions including the choice of the relevant approach to steer the people and the organisation in the right direction. This course will lead you through several stages aimed at better understanding of organisations and the functioning of the people within them.