Introduction to oil and gas industry
This course provides an understanding of exploration appraisal, development and production in Oil and Gas.
It is a popular course that provides a wide-ranging and practical industry overview which will give you an opportunity to gain a technical and commercial understanding of the industry fundamentals.
About This Course
This course will provide participants with a full and comprehensive picture of Oil & Gas Industry. You will grasp the critical activities at the upstream, middle stream and downstream of this Industry.
This short course will also offer contemporary methods in Oil & Gas Industry. Participants will engage, relate and contextualise meaningfully the fundamentals of the Oil & Gas Industry.
What you will gain
You will learn the scientific origins of oil and gas
You will understand the technological process of exploration
You will learn the technological process of drilling
You will know the technological process of production
You will understand the challenges of decommissioning and commercial issues underlying exploration and development.
What you will learn
- The Energy Supply Chain & the Petroleum Industry
- Upstream Activities and Conventional Oil
- Natural Gas, Non-Conventional & Midstream
- Refining, Petroleum Products & Downstream
- Trading, Alternatives & Sustainability
Who should study this course
Introduction to the energy industry is designed for:
- Regulators and government officials
- Energy industry professionals new to the industry
- Non professionals enthusiastic about the energy industry.
What our students say
Meet the team
Christopher Robert Lloyd
Director Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Coordinator School of Energy and Hydro Carbons
+256 703 910 168