Dr. John Chrysostom
Dr. Lule is currently Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Kabale University. He has over thirty years’ experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. He has served in various capacities as clinician, teacher, manager, administrator, and researcher.
He has also served as External Tutor in the Long Distance Course (MSc and Postgraduate
Diploma) in Clinical Trials London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine 2008-2009; I
have served as Part-time Professor in UCU Mukono from 2013, mainly teaching
epidemiology and research methodology. This was in addition to my teaching research
methodology, supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students in Obstetrics and
Gynaecology in Makerere University College of Health Sciences.
As a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology he does research, teaching and service in Kabale
University and Kabale regional Referral Hospital.
- Master of Science (Design Measurement and Evaluation in Health)
- University, Hamilton Ont. Canada, majoring in Clinical Epidemiology (research methodology)..
- Postgraduate Diploma in Obstetrics and Master of Medicine in Ob/Gyn Makerere University
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Makerere University
Research papers and articles
- Diet, nutritional status and Anaemia in pregnant women in Kigezi Sub-Region of Uganda.
- Re-introduction of vacuum delivery in Ugandan women.
- Team leader (Makerere Medical School) for UNICEF/Makerere University Medical School project on Reducing Maternal Mortality in Three Districts of Kabale; Kiboga and Kibaale 1993-1994.
- Team leader for activities in operational research on Cost, Resource and Financing of District Health Services in Mbale District in collaboration with UNICEF and Makerere University School of Public Health 1995-1996.
- Team leader for Rapid Drug Needs Assessment; training in rational drug use and health supplies and drug quantification and management methods in UNHCR refugee camps in Uganda 2000.
- NDA Team leader for Drug Needs Assessment; Rational Drug Use; Drug Quantification and Management Methods in 33 districts of Uganda for World Bank (DHSP), DANIDA, DfID 1997-2000.
- Pilot project for Community Distribution of Misoprostol to prevent PPH in Mityana and Mubende Districts of Uganda. Makerere University Dept of Ob/Gyn – PACE. 2009-2013.
- Collaboration between Dept of Ob/Gyn and Family Health Research and Development Centre, School of Public Health in Makerere University in Family Health Campaigns 2013-2014.