Negotiation and Mediation
This course gives the knowledge and skills to people involved in conflict management issues and or those working in Peace processes.
Admissions on going
About This Course
This course introduces participants to the concept of negotiation and mediation. This course will facilitate participants’ learning of the role a negotiator and mediator plays and what it takes to successfully initiate, plan, design and implement negotiation and mediation.
This Negotiation Skills and Mediation course will equip the participants with a crucial framework that builds the foundation of any type of negotiation and mediation and its resultant use in a conflict environment. Throughout, the training the participants will have an opportunity to put key negotiation principles in Practice. The participants will also have time to observe and critique on others in a simulated negotiation environment.
What you will gain
- You will be able to assess the bargaining arena and use the eight phase negotiation framework.
- You will exhibit the suitable skills needed in Negotiation and mediation.
- You will learn how to negotiate in a skilled manner that will enable you drive better deals and develop long term relationships.
- Give measurable improvement in Negotiation performance; and gain confidence in Negotiation through practice.
What you will learn
- Module 1: Conflict concepts and analysis
- Module 2: Essential concepts of Negotiation
- Module 3: Negotiation and Mediation strategies
- Module 4: Principled negotiation and Mediation
- Module 5: Emotions and Creativity
- Module 6: Culture, power and Influence in mediation and Negotiation
- Module 7: The future of mediation and Negotiation
- Officials or Public servants with any relevant diploma from a recognized institution.
- Graduates from any university discipline wishing to enlarge their scope of the international and domestic public domain/realm.
- Practitioners in Humanitarian aid organisations.
- Individuals interested in gaining negotiation and mediation skills
Meet the team