MBA Oil and Gas Management
There is a high demand for competent and creative business leaders and managers with skills in the upstream, midstream and down stream management areas in order to take business practice in the Oil and Gas Industry to the next level! 📊
About this programme
In this program, you will cover upstream, midstream and downstream management areas which will prepare you to further develop your skills in the management of corporate issues, as well as ensure that you understand the range of management issues across the sector from stakeholder interests through to operational risks and opportunities.
We target this program at people who are working in oil and gas companies and their partners, contractors and suppliers.
As an employer, you will have renewed inquisitive employees that have an international network of lecturers, advisors and mentors to draw from. We have lecturers from Britain, Canada, Georgia, Uganda, Italy, China, Ireland, Nigeria, Tanzania and Iraq.
What you'll learn
The programme consists of 10 courses offered on a modular basis over a 20-month period followed by six months to finalise the dissertation or research paper. Each course runs for eight weeks.
- Course 1: Strategic Leadership and Management
- Course 2: International Business practices
- Course 3: Managing People in Organizations
- Course 4: Financial Management
- Course 5: Environmental and Cultural Impact of Oil and Gas Production
- Course 6: Refining and Distribution Networks
- Course 7: Governance and the Application of ISO Standard Frameworks
- Course 8: Oil and Gas Management
- Course 9: Procurement and Contract Negotiation
- Course 10: Critical thinking
- Dissertation (for MBA) or Research Paper (for PG Diploma)
Students should be from a technical or commercial background in engineering, earth sciences or business. You will be better equipped to tackle today’s oil and natural gas issues and prepare you to deal with the future challenges of the future of energy.
Meet the tutors
Governance and Integrated Management Systems
Become a hybrid manager and key personnel with both management and technical competencies, leveraging on industry-based practices to promote sound management competences across the life cycle of an integrated management system