PGD in Upstream Oil and Gas Management
With the emerging growth of the Energy Sector, there is a need for professionals with a blend of engineering and management skills. This programme is designed to produce an engineering manager with rounded capabilities
About this programme
The programme is, therefore, a blend of engineering and management topics that will produce an engineering manager with rounded capabilities.
knowledge of the industry will need to be refreshed and they will also need to be updated on the latest best practice and technology.
What you'll learn
The programme consists of 10 courses offered on a modular basis over a 20-month period followed by six months to finalise the dissertation or research paper. Each course runs for eight weeks.
- Course 1: Strategic Leadership and Management
- Course 2: Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Course 3: Governance and the Application of ISO Standard Frameworks
- Course 4: Upstream Oil and Gas Engineering Fundamentals
- Course 5: Advances in Upstream Oil and Gas Engineering
- Course 6: Upstream Oil and Gas Business Processes
- Course 7:Upstream Oil and Gas Project Planning and Management
- Course 8: Oil and Gas Risk Management
- Course 9: Oil and Gas Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Course 10: Research Methodology
- Dissertation (for MBA) or Research Paper (for PG Diploma)
Students should be from a technical or commercial background in engineering, earth sciences or business. You will be better equipped to tackle today’s oil and natural gas issues and prepare you to deal with the future challenges of the future of energy.
Meet the tutors
Upstream Oil and Gas Engineering Fundamentals
This course will provide you with an overview of principal activities in the international upstream petroleum industry.