Our Public Health MSc, PG Dip and Certificate programmes address the determinants of health and the health concerns that affect our society the most:
- the epidemiological transition
- non-communicable and communicable diseases
- rapid international and intercontinental spread of diseases
- massive population movements and gatherings
- the lifestyle-related ill health
- diseases and illnesses closely related to poverty
- inadequate access to and utilisation of preventive health care
- emergent and re-emergent diseases of epidemic potential
- diseases of nutrition
- pollution-related illnesses
- preventable diseases
- conflict-related ill health,water and sanitation
- occupational and maternal health
- neonatal, child, adolescent and youth health
- the health issues of aging.
They also address issues of health system performance and health service delivery.
Our Pubic Health programme is for:
- graduates of health and biomedical sciences who wish to specialize in public health
- social sciences
- health advocates and those from other relevant disciplines interested in working in the health sector
- employees of NGOs, embassies, and/or health organizations, who wish to add public health skills to their list of core competencies or to advance their academic career.
You must have completed a Bachelors degree with an honours (at least 2nd Class Lower) in a subject associated with or of relevance to Public Health from a recognised institution.
You will also be required to pass our online Graduate Admission Test.
Current or past experience of working in a public health, health promotion role or a health NGO is an advantage. The course is also open to recent graduates with Bachelors degree intending to pursue academic careers to PhD in future.