This course will give you an overview of various techniques used in the management of an asset, throughout its life cycle, from discovery to end of production.
Current intake: August
Start date: August 2019
About This Course
This course will equip you with the knowledge on data acquisition, analysis, enhanced oil recovery (EOR), economic assessment and reservoir model.
You will cover the basic techniques used in modern reservoir management and reservoir monitoring. The reservoir management process with data analysis, reservoir dynamic modeling, and production operations will be discussed. Surface facilities, related project evaluations and economics will be covered. The class will also cover the general aspects of reservoir monitoring and planning.
What you will gain
- Apply the principles of sound reservoir management
- Use the interdisciplinary synergistic approach to efficient reservoir management
- Include each reservoir management component and the importance of timing and cost/benefit analysis.
- The anatomy of a petroleum accumulation
- The SPE-AAPG-WPC-SPEE-SEG 2011 standard
- Definitions and classification of petroleum resources
- Reservoir geometry and characteristics
- Assessment of petroleum resources
- Deterministic and Probabilistic methods
- Economic Assessment of petroleum reserves and resources
- Unconventional resources estimation
- Production metering and entitlement.
Introduction to the energy industry is designed for:
- regulators and government officials
- ENERGY industry professionals new to the industry
- Non professionals enthusiastic about the energy industry.
What our students say
Meet the team
Director of the Program
Director Corporate Academy
+256 759 793 968
Coordinator School of Energy and Natural Resources