This course will give you an overview of various techniques used in the management of an asset, throughout its life cycle, from discovery to end of production.
Current intake: August
Start date: August 2019
About This Course
This course will equip you with the knowledge on data acquisition, analysis, enhanced oil recovery (EOR), economic assessment and reservoir model.
Your facilitator will be Roberto Bencin, a Petroleum geo-scientist holding PGDs in (Energy and Environment) and (Energy Resource management). He has over 37 years of oil and gas exploration and appraisal experience in Africa and Europe including underground gas storage and unconventional oil and gas developments.
- The anatomy of a petroleum accumulation
- The SPE-AAPG-WPC-SPEE-SEG 2011 standard
- Definitions and classification of petroleum resources
- Reservoir geometry and characteristics
- Assessment of petroleum resources
- Deterministic and Probabilistic methods
- Economic Assessment of petroleum reserves and resources
- Unconventional resources estimation
- Production metering and entitlement.
Introduction to the energy industry is designed for:
- regulators and government officials
- ENERGY industry professionals new to the industry
- Non professionals enthusiastic about the energy industry.
What our students say
Meet the team